Tracadie,New Brunswick
2.6K views

Ziprecruiter does not allow you to remove your résumés from its site like Indeed and other sites. They only allow you upload another resume. Even if you close your account they keep your info. I have had business contact me re old info that I did not send!

Also I have spam that could only come from someone accessing this info after I have made my information private.

I have been told by others that closing the account does not work either they have continued to receive spam and unwanted emails. Others have uploaded a blank resume and changed their email but old info and it works to some degree but not 100%. They have not responded to any requests as to how to permanently remove resumes from their data base.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ziprecruiter Website.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 22, 2016.

Comments

Avoid this job hunting venue. It's little more than a data mine.

I submitted a poisoned profile which overwrote the good data.

Updated email address to a unmonitored test mailbox at a former company I once supported. You can go to outlook.com and create a disposable mailbox for them to attach to.

i uploaded a blank world file and changed my email and phone number to bogus numbers. they accepted it so my info is now off there..

Stevensville, Maryland, United States #1313266

This happened to me and all I receive are solicitations from Symmetry Financial and their 1,000 independent agents!!

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1272000

Ziprecruiter is a scam.

Centreville, Virginia, United States #1252783

I suggest loading a blank page to replace your resume.